June 24, 2011

XXX

                                                                                                                                   Borrowed from here.
So I'm turning 30 today


It apparently is a big deal for any girl, judging by the reactions of all of my friends who recently turned 30. Now I usually pride myself on being quite rational, but 30 has always been flagged in my mental representation of age (and I mean literally, as I am part of the roughly 10% of the population who has a visual, 3D and colored mental representation of numbers - it's a hereditary thing...).
The thing is, my mum turned 30 not long after I was born, and I always thought that meant I'd be a mum by the time I turned 30. Which is as irrational as it gets.
So I'm turning 30 and I am not a mum. But I am happily married, healthy, I have an amazing family, amazing in-laws, and amazing friends. Which is as good as it gets!



3 comments:

Omgrrrl said...

Joyeux anniversaire ! 30 is pretty awesome. Old enough not to have to deal with all the crazy strangeness of your 20's but young enough to still look good in a swimsuit. ;)

Del-ight said...

Merci! That's a great way to look at it, thanks!!! :)

Marie-Anne said...

Et 2 x 30, ça doit faire quoi?
Sinon, joli tableau de 30!
M-A