December 15, 2006

Morphée m'aime

(Nymphe et Satyre)

My bedtime music tonight:
Archive - You all look the same to me - Again
Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-é - Hallelujah & Lover, you should have come over
The Tindersticks - Waiting for the moon - Until the Morning Comes
Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter - Reckless Burning - Reckless Burning
Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation - Mighty Rearranger - All the Kings Horses




Oh, Morpheus, give me joy till morning
For my forever painful love:
Just blow out candles' burning
And let my dreams in blessing move.
Let from my soul disappear
The separation's sharp rebuke!
And let me see that dear look,
And let me hear voice that dear.
And when will vanish dark of night
And you will free my eyes at leaving,
Oh, if my heart would have a right
To lose its love till dark of evening!

Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin (1799-1837)

No comments: