November 29, 2006

Full of the Devil

Anyone with extra time, you name the price, I'll buy it. I would sell a bit of my soul to the Devil, but he says it's not good enough.
He said: "I want pure souls that don't ask questions"
So I told him, "pure doesn't exist, and no questions means either over-confident or downright stupid"
"I mean I want souls that don't argue"
"You contradict yourself"
"No I don't"
"Yes you do. You know well the base arg- in argue means 'to be white, bright, clear', and someone who argues is someone who is willing to be crystal clear. So that's the kind of souls you're supposed to be looking for. Otherwise you wouldn't be Lucifer, the light carrier. More coffee?"
"Yes please. You see that's why I like spending an hour or two with you now and then"
"Because I argue well?"
"No, because you make good coffee."

2 comments:

Matt said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's gone insane. This made me laugh, which is much needed at this point in the year. Thanks!

Del-ight said...

Insane! that's the word I was looking for when a friend asked me how I've been these days! Yes: you try to fit too much into your day every day and you lose your sanity in the process.