November 14, 2006

Happy me

Today was sort of an empty day. I got up this morning with no sense of purpose, and no matter what I did, it seems I went through this day with no motivation whatsoever for anything at all. I have tons of things to do, and I was busy all day, but I felt like a robot. It got to the point when there was no music I felt like listening to, although I have an astronomic amount of albums, of every music genre you can think of.
I think the weather had something to do with it: it was positively gloomy. As a great uncle of mine used to say:"we would fare better with no weather at all!" or something like that. I can't translate it literally, it would make no sense.

Usually when I feel under-motivated, I can summon the right thought and feel better in an instant. It works with the cold, too: when I'm cold I make the decision that I'm going to relax and that I'm not going to let it bother me. Actually I do that all the time, whenever I feel that something is starting to bug me -- anything or anyone --, I rationalize and consciously switch to a different point of view. And it works 99 percent of the time! That's my way of being a happy person. The downside of it is: I can't understand people who complain on and on and about everything. I tend to associate it with a lack of will power, which is probably unfair of me.
Anyway today I was not unhappy -- thank God -- I was just frankly too lazy to switch to another, better point of view.

But it's all over now: I have found the right thought, the right point of view, the right music, and the right book to read. And it will be an in bed way of reading for me.

Happy me!


No comments: