November 30, 2006

You name it


"Mr Evil Devil?"

"why do you insist on calling me that? you know I hate it"

"because I like it, and you never tell me why you hate it"

"obviously because the way you say it I sound like a caricature. I mean "evil devil", it's like all I do is being evil"

"maybe it would explain the name"

"which I didn't choose either, by the way"

"who does? and anyway what would you name yourself?"

"well if you must know, I like Yaveh...."

"you're joking"

"no! why do you think I got kicked out of up there??"

"I don't think it was only a matter of name!"

"name, my dear, is everything. You think stories are everything, but you're wrong. Stories are only an elaborate way of using names. You will argue that each name is a small story, but that's only word play."

"So really it doesn't matter whether I call you Mr Evil Devil or Simon. You just don't like my calling you"

"if you were as afraid of me as you should, you wouldn't even dare call me at all."

"but I'm not afraid!"

"Thank you, I noticed."

No comments: