November 22, 2006

Jazz me up

I'm going through a jazz week. I heard a bit of Miles Davis in some movie, and BAM! it hit me. The urge to dig up and dust Miles, John, Cannonball and co.... and they're working their magic:
Right now I have a lot of work to do that stresses me out, my shower is being renovated, the entire appartment next door is being renovated (that's a lot of people regularly hammering at walls, believe me), and the skies are shades of sad grey.
Yet "Blue in Green" is playing softly, making this not only a perfect moment, but a moment I'll be able to conjure up anytime in the future by just playing this track. Music has a way of making past feelings materialize like a photograph.

And now I see the sun decides "Autumn Leaves" is a right time to peak through. Perfect, I tell you.

No comments: