October 6, 2006

Self-whatever


Today a very good friend of mine casually asked if I am okay "because you have looked somewhat down lately." First I was quite puzzled, since I actually feel quite good, apart from, maybe, a general lack of sleep. But even then, it could be a lot worse. So that's what I replied of course. And my friend said "fine, then, if you're sure you're ok. It was just an impression I had but I guess I was wrong."

But then - and I know it's going to sound silly - I truly started wondering whether I did feel good, and after a few minutes of introspection I came to the rather satisfying conclusion that I do. But it also means that I am so self-doubting that I can't even help taking into account the general impressions of friends (however close they may be) about my own state of mind. And then, pouring it all out on my blog like it was some significant thought may very well mean that I am also completely self-centered!

Or maybe I just like compound words with "self-," because we don't have those in french.

No comments: