October 17, 2006

All is well...

Yesterday night, 9 pm, as Chloé and I were having dinner:
D "oh"
C "oh what?"
D "oh, my throat is slightly sore on one
side."
C "and that means...?"
D "that means I may come down with a pharyngitis or something"
C "oh that so wouldn't be the right time!"
D "well it would be typical of me: the week I have to work both on the "agreg" and on my research, I have to fall ill. I mean with all the work I have to do, it wouldn't be half as fun if I didn't end u
p stuck in bed, would it? Anyway I hope it's not going to happen."
C "you should take care of it right away"

Right now: I have a sore throat (all of it), I'm aching all over, and my head feels heavier than the rest of my body. Stuck in bed, I am. Chloé called and said "take care of it right away. If you don't it'll ge
t worse and worse and I'll have to carry you to the conference next week. Sleep at least all day today and all day tomorrow." And I promised I would.

She will give me the third degree when she finds out I took the time to write this post.

I think my IQ is back to what it was in 1983:


7 comments:

Matt said...

Yikes, that's no fun. I hope you feel better soon. There's no worse (yet no less likely) a time for illness to strike.

Del-ight said...

Thanks for the kind words :)
You posted a comment while I was editing my post! That was fast!

Matt said...

I have skills at posting :) Cute picture, by the way. I must say that I love the way you play with colour and images in your posts. I'll have to experiment with that in my own.

Del-ight said...

Again, thanks. Reminds me I meant to ask you this: how did you get to have a "my library" section in your blog? I opened a librarything account but I couldn't figure this out. Maybe you have to pay...

Del-ight said...

Look, I figured it out by myself! yay!

Anonymous said...

I just found out... What can I say but: "you cannot attend a reception at the Canadian Embassy with a big turtleneck sweater!"

Del-ight said...

Ah, good point, Chloé. Very good point indeed.
Now I want to say, I'm only replying to your comment because I'm on my way between my bed and the kitchen to make myself a grog (minus the rum). I thought I should rest in between, and the closest chair happened to be the one in front of my laptop... I swear!