October 14, 2006

Carrot purée

Several things I feel happy about right now:

- my big - and only - brother has a job. A job he likes, after three years of unemployment. He is an engineer.

- I love what I do. Even linguistics and phonology. I only hate that it is a competitive exam and so few of us will pass.

- Tomorrow I'll be working all day on a paper about Atanarjuat, Van Dyke's Eskimo and Inuit orality. My friend Chloé will be working on "Echoing Inuit voices: the indigenization in Postmodern Canadian Arctic Literature." -- We're taking part in the 15th International Inuit Studies Conference. Quite intimidating for two little, inexperienced students like us, I can tell you.

- I went to the local "Shopi" today after class, so tomorrow I can cook pasta and a chicken curry. Maybe I'll make cookies, too. I love my kitchen. I used to love carrot purée as well:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, it's sunday evening now, still some pasta and chicken curry available ?

Del-ight said...

No leftovers, sorry!
I'll invite you next time, if you're not busy tending your pub :)